Thursday, March 10, 2011

Funny

Well, we've had some spectacular sunrises lately. I never have pockets and sweat too much so don't bring my camera with me when I run, but I really wish I'd had it for yesterday's romp. Usually when the sky starts to lighten a bit, the sky is a bluish color, this time it was a pale orange. The entire sky started changing to a brighter orange, and created the weirdest optical illusion. Normally, we're lucky to see Antigua (about 60 miles away) at all. Yesterday, the entire island and even little rock outcroppings surrounding it, were highlighted against the strange orange backdrop. There was this long, dark, sinister looking island that seemed so close you could swim to it, standing out against this flaming sky and the sun itself hadn't even risen above the horizon yet. It was so cool! Speaking of cool, I am still very much appreciating our temps at night - please, please stay like this forever...

This weekend, we're looking in our closets for anything green as the St. Patty's day hash is coming up. It's near Ottley's so should give us some great views. (Facebook Event Page) Come join us!

I know I keep putting pictures of our kitties on the net, but I think these pet photos are just plain scary. There's plenty more where that came from the next time you need a chuckle.



I saw this headline on Ellen the other day and thought it was funny too. Now we know what all the fuss is about...