Friday, May 13, 2011

Hmmm

Ok, it's so hot & humid that my body lotion has liquified. I'm not kidding. I suppose that's fine because when I put it on, my skin is so moist that nothing sinks in anyway. I'm a human pizza pie with all this grease! Eew! The heat is the talk of the town, except at dusk when we start whining about the bugs. Ah yes, life in the tropics.

So, I've been trying to come up with an idea for my next book. I actually think I'm going to write about Mr. X and the Shiggidy Shack and see where that takes me. If any of you readers has a story to tell about Mr. X, his water-based business, or his restaurant send it on!

Before I made that decision, I thought I'd try to drum up any subject that made people wonder - why is that? This led me to to a couple of websites that made me laugh. See if you've ever thought hmmmmm.




  • Why does Hawaii have interstate highways?



  • What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?



  • Why do banks charge you a "non-sufficient funds" fee on money they already know you don't have?



  • Why do they put Braille on the drive-through bank machines?



  • Did Washington flash a quarter when asked for ID?



  • How come there aren't B batteries?



  • How do "Do not walk on the grass" signs get there?



  • Why do black olives come in cans and green olives come in jars?



  • How is it possible to have a civil war?



  • Why is the alphabet in that order? Is it because of that song?



  • If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know?



  • If you're in a vehicle going the speed of light, what happens when you turn on the headlights?



  • What happens to an 18 hour bra after 18 hours?



  • Why do hot dogs come 10 to a package and hot dog buns only 8?



  • Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes?



  • Why does your gynecologist leave the room when you get undressed?



  • Why can't women put on mascara with their mouths closed?



  • Is it possible to brush your teeth without wiggling your a**?



  • Why is it called Alcoholics Anonymous when the first thing you do is stand up and say, 'My name is Bob and I am an alcoholic'?



  • Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?



  • Is French kissing in France just called kissing?



  • What do people in China call their good plates?



  • Why is the word abbreviation so long?



  • Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it sounds?



  • If a cow laughed, would milk come out it's nose?



  • Why is it that bullets ricochet off of Superman's chest, but he ducks when the gun is thrown at him?



  • Why does Porky Pig wear a towel around his waist after a shower, and then remove the towel and put on a shirt with no pants?



  • If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat?



  • Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him on a car ride, he sticks his head out the window?



  • Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?



  • If a man is talking in the forest, and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
Hmmm.