Saturday, November 5, 2011

Guy Fawke's Day

Now this is scary.

Winn FM

This happened on the South Peninsula road right after I ran it. What's worse is that it isn't even the same section that collapsed before (and has been cordoned off); it was by Sun Dance Ridge. I think I'm going to start running on the other side of the road...

So here it is. Guy Fawke's Day. A strange historical guy to be in cahoots with for Wall Street Occupiers and a night that became precursor to Halloween. We're still in hurricane season (25 more days!) and have a tropical wave over us, so might get wet later. Let's hope not, as we plan to attend the fun at the Shiggidy Shack, starting at about 6:30pm. I'll probably be helping with the j'ouvert sign up. I hope they get a lot of people to join so they can donate as much $ as possible for cancer groups on the island. WinnFM, the Shack's co-sponsor for the carnival event, has been getting the word out, so we'll see what happens.

The bands will be playing on the sand, so no one's appreciating the swells eating up the beach. It just might be a bit cozy as we wine with the Small Axe Band.

All I know is that I'm a sucker for fireworks, even if it's just sparklers, so am looking forward to tonight (no rain!!!).