There are several donation-type events out there and I thought I'd give you a heads-up:
1) The event for Bruce Buffet has been moved to January 28th (Saturday) from 10am-2pm. They're still collecting stuff and hoping others will come buy (field across from ECCB). Here's the Facebook Page. Call or text Kathy at 762-3742 if you want to donate.
2) A Nevisian family has run into the same problem as Bruce, only this time with a baby born with holes in his heart. They're going to hold a lunch fundraiser at Rodney’s Catering Cuisine restaurant at Stoney Grove (Nevis) today, Thursday, January 12, 2012 from 11:30 a.m. – until. Tickets cost $25.00XCD. all proceeds will go to Baby K’yun’s medical attention. The family is asking for donations to the Bank of Nova Scotia. All the info is here.
3) The Diabetes Association of St. Kitts (Facebook) is encouraging all people planning on running in the half marathon (or the 10K/5K) in Nevis on January 29th, to sign up online or at the Caribe Cafe (Sands Complex). They need to order t-shirts and organize transportation between the two islands. Details about the race are here.
4) Operation Future (Facebook) is having their 3rd annual Silent Auction to raise funds for various field trips and other events to help kids stay out of trouble (or get out of gangs if they've already gone down that road). There have already been several incidents on-island (including 1 murder) this new year, so it's important we support this organization. The auction will be at the Four Seasons in Nevis from 7:30pm to 10:30pm. Info here. If you're over there anyway for the marathon, maybe you can stay and participate.
5) The St. Kitts Turtle Monitoring Network is hoping to raise funds during the Cross Channel Swim on March 25th. More info here. Start training!