Thursday, July 24, 2014

Mango Madness Update

I have yet to get in the ocean with a mango, but ....


I went to Nevis and saw for myself how Hermitage gets their Mango on!

 Mango Fruit Juice at Hermitage, Nevis


          Mango Pizza with Basil at Hermitage, Nevis



I also continue to get my mangos in Conaree on the roadside, though now I am also seeing them on the shelves at Rams. I have made smoothies and eaten them just as they are many times a week. 

My Mango Bowl At Home




We have also taken some of our favorite mangos and planted their seeds. In just a few days of being covered in used plastic coffee jugs they have peaked out from underneath the soil. We have no idea where we will plant them, but they will be planted. All thanks to my husband. He went on a planting spree. We have lemons and basil sprouting too.

Mango Seed Saying Hello



In the Know for August and more Island Life tidbits in the works. Stay tuned.
In the meantime we would love to hear from others about how they get their mango on!