Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Did You See It?

We raced down the island looking for a good spot to watch the sunset and were starting to wonder if we'd have to go to Statia, sheesh.  We found a good roadside spot and then tried not to look at the sun. I did aim the camera at it, hoping maybe it would pick up the little dot, but all I got were some pretty shots of the sun.








While we were waiting there, a couple of people pulled over and pulled out some eclipse glasses from a 1998 eclipse. They shared their glasses, we shared our binoculars and were able to see it - yay!  Unfortunately, even through the binoculars, the photos don't show it.



It sort of looked like this (a photo taken from NYC):

STAN HONDA/AFP/GettyImages

 

So that was fun. Earlier in the day, I went to checkout the new Les Mains D'Or Pottery Studio & Local Creation Gift Shop (Facebook) in N Frigate Bay.  What a cute place and Darlene, who was in the midst of making all kinds of things, was very friendly. Everything is locally made, by several different artisans, and there is quite a variety of stuff to choose from.






I liked their cards.



They make things by request too, so Darlene has several of these blowfish light fixtures. I want one!



I bought myself some earrings to make myself feel better about the long, hot, uphill walk I had ahead of me to get back home.



Ever wake up and realize you're in a really bad mood? That would be me today. Michael's already been warned and now you... This is going to be one heck of a workout this morning. Hee-yah!!!

2 comments:

  1. Shoot! The US National Parks are lovely, but going nine days without internet/news means that we totally missed out on Venus crossing the sun -- and we had the right equipment to view it too! Now my face looks like the one in your last photo. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you guys have been taking fantastic photos of something that I'm sure is hard to capture. It would have been fun to see what kind of backdrop you would have had with the whole planetary action too. Oh well. At least you finally saw bears. And you did it without bells on!

      Delete