Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 4th at the Shack

Well, that was fun. Considering the 4th fell on a Monday and we're not actually in the USA, I was pretty impressed at the turn-out Mr. X had at the Shiggidy Shack.

Of course, Popcorn was there - nice statement t-shirt.



Now, he may not be on Facebook but he did send me an email the other day. Peter informed me that I was the first person he had ever emailed. Ever. I'm not sure which is more amazing - his never emailing anyone before or me being the first. The masterpiece? "Same old. Same old. Regards popcorn." Apparently those words took him a long time to peck out, so I'm guessing I won't be getting another email any time soon. I suppose I should save this one for posterity.

I then got the scare of my life when someone came over with red, white and blue beads and Michael and Derrick insisted on showing us their you-know-whats. Derrick's not even American for Pete's sake. Afraid



There was food.



Lots of people eating.



And several bands playing on a beachfront stage with a dance floor so everyone could get their boogie on.



Groupies:



Of course, there were fireworks. Here's the best of (video):



We jammed with local band KC-5 until just short of midnight. Glad I didn't have to work today :)