Monday, February 27, 2012

Bambi!

Michael managed to Blackberry a picture of a deer that was running across the road as he was driving home. Can you see it?


It made his day, since he lost two guys on his meager staff to "sickness." The standard time of a doctor's note here is 3 weeks. One guy had off for 3 weeks because of a hangnail! And he took every single day.  This time it's a kidney stone for one and maybe the flu for another.  Must be nice. I wonder what I would have gotten with these huge insect bites I got somewhere last weekend. The bites started out rather small, but got larger and larger and morphed into something completely different by yesterday. It itched so badly it actually hurt and anything that touched it made it worse - clothes, sheets, rubbing ineffective anti-itch cream on it... I thought I just might have to go into a loony bin between the itching and lack of sleep. Eventually, some internet research gave me a list of things to try and I used them all in one "ointment." Basil leaves, pepper, cinnamon, lemon juice, salt, baking soda, corn starch, and a little water.  There...  I had to keep applying it over and over again for two days, but the angry red welts are down to light pink now and I can stand what itch is left. We'll see what happens when I go to sleep and am laying on them again. Oy. I'm hoping whatever that was was a one time thing.

Thanks to the blog reader who recommended the Turro from TDC for the sugar ants. They're still here, but hopefully not for long. We'll give it a shot this week. If we can't get rid of them, maybe we'll move out.  Kidding, of course.