Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I don't care where you live, this is not a good way to start the morning.









I, on the other hand, might have figured out the secret. This morning, I and a few others were invited to partake in a yoga session down at The Beach House. One must always take a picture of the dock when down there.






Is this the view for an exercise class or what? Of course, we were upside down half the time so didn't see it, but it was nice to get a glimpse of it every once in a while. The breeze was nice too.


This tractor-rake was a bit annoying, but when all the blood rushed into our ears from our various downward you-know-whats, we hardly noticed it.






The instructors, Tanner and Celeste, didn't abuse us too badly. They would walk around to fix our pose or readjust us, bending or massaging us further into a stretch. It felt good and painful at the same time (massage good, bend bad). Most if not all of us were in pretty good shape to begin with, but 3 of us had never really done yoga before.



I thought we all did pretty good. Look at these two go - headstands!! I got up there with help, but am determined to do it by myself, so will be practicing.







What's great about yoga is that you're so busy trying to strike your pose and not fall over, that you don't notice how long you've balanced on one arm, or how many times you've scooped yourself into a push-up. It's a good work-out. It's also nice to cool down.


Even kitty found its inner zen.





Check out these show-offs! That's Mary on the top tier (2nd pic) and she's the one who shared her yoga gurus with us. Thank you so much! To Tanner and Celeste, who never once yelled "eew" as they touched our sweaty bodies, your efforts were much appreciated!



Thanks to Pat too for playing chauffeur and tackling the potholes (I might have to contribute to the future shock-absorber fund).

It really was nice to exercise with a group again. I like doing my walks/runs in the morning by myself (and anyone who knows what I'm like before 10am knows this is a necessity), but I really miss aerobics and being able to work up a sweat with an expertly led class. BTW, there was serious talk about organizing a yoga retreat, so if you like yoga and want to combine a nice vacation with it, stay tuned and I'll update you as details materialize.

I got home and was a bit relieved to finally see an electric bill. It had been awhile. This one was from July (around $75 US - no a/c). I also had the cable company show up right after I finished my shower (no connectivity again this morning). I've never had a fast connection, but I thought it was just the way it was. Apparently, that was an incorrect ASSumption and something may be wrong with the line coming into the house. Of course, what's been happening lately, is something all together different, but it seems to be working again this afternoon. The Cable will be coming back out tomorrow (maybe) to do some trouble-shooting. If they can increase the speed, I just might have to do a happy jig. I'm online a lot - it's a big deal...

If I can start streaming The Daily Show, well then there will be much jubilation. drooling-bouncy-smiley