Thursday, January 19, 2012

Birds Just Want to Have Fun

Maybe I'm late to the game, but I saw this video on Ellen and thought it was so much fun.  It's been shared a lot already (different from my complaint from yesterday), but it was new to me, so maybe it'll be new to you too. The birds are great mimics, so this one might have seen a human doing this and thought he'd try it.



Of course, there is quite a bit of commentary about what the bird really thinks it's doing. Too often I hear humans who refuse to believe that other animals can share their traits of compassion, intelligence, language, or, in this case, having fun (if we evolved, why couldn't they?), but crows have been known for their intelligence for a long time. National Geographic reports that they might even be on par with chimpanzees. Crows are always in the top 5 lists of smartest animals. People might appreciate them more if the birds wouldn't poop on their cars (although you wonder if they do it on purpose - our friends have had poop smeared on their car from a local monkey troupe twice).

A while back, I saw this video of a crow and a cat and just loved it.



vegasveg.com



I love animals...just not on my plate!








funnypicturesonline
reformparliament.co.uk
laughingatdogs.com


flatrock.org.nz
hdw.eweb4.com
favim.com
thedomesticfringe.com

I even saved this guy yesterday - you can't tell, but it was hot pink around the edges.